We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution.
Because there is no resident Irish Embassy or Consulate in this area, we’re limited in the help we can offer you in an emergency. However, if you need assistance, please contact the Irish Embassy in Canberra, Australia.
EU Directive on Consular Protection
Under the EU Consular Protection Directive, Irish nationals may seek assistance from the Embassy or Consulate of any other EU member state in a country where there is no Irish Embassy or permanent representation.
Our tips for safe travels
- Purchase comprehensive travel insurance which covers all your intended activities
- Add an alert for your destination within the Travelwise App.
- Register your details with us so that we can contact you quickly in an emergency, such as a natural disaster or a family emergency
- Follow us on twitter @dfatravelwise for the latest travel updates
- Read our Topical ‘Know Before You Go’ guide
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:20:12 BST